Scrapbook Generation Sketch Challenge - Scrapbook Process 267

 

Back in August, Scrapbook Generation held a virtual crop in its SG Scrap Squad group, and one of the scrapbook challenges during that crop was a sketch challenge. I love sketch challenges!

So I filmed a process video of putting together this 12x12 scrapbook layout based on the sketch.

I used up some leftover pieces from a Simple Stories collection that I purchased to make a shadow box picture gift for my sister-in-law. The "Oh Happy Day" foam phrase was the perfect title for these photos of my daughter losing her bottom-front baby teeth!


There is a lot of paper layering behind the photos, which is an excellent technique if you're trying to use up paper scraps. The papers don't even have to be from the same collection, although mine are. 

I let the overall design of the papers and photos inspire my layout, and then I added embellishments wherever I felt they should be, as opposed to where to original sketch told me to put them. That's why I've got a chipboard frame on here and a really cool banner sticker across the upper left of the page.


I added a few more foam stickers to give the page more dimension and accent some of the flatter stickers. 

And that's it! Thanks for looking and watching!

Comments