Scrapbook Generation Online Crop Scraplift - Scrapbook Process 264

Every so often, Scrapbook Generation hosts a virtual crop in their Facebook group, SG Scrap Squad. I like playing along with the challenges when I can, and today's scrapbook layout is my take on an Alison Davis scraplift. Watch how I put this scrapbook page together in today's process video.


I mimicked the general design from the original layout: grid design with two 4x4 photos on top and two 4x4 pieces of cardstock and/or patterned paper on the bottom. I cut two other photos down to 3x3 and 2x2 and layered one on top of the other in the bottom of the grid.


Then it was time to add the embellishments! I chose random stuff from my stash, including stickers, sequins, and chipboard.

You'll also notice that I have mixed media on my background cardstock. That was not something that Alison Davis did on her layout, but I felt like I wanted something more on the plain cardstock. So before I put anything down, I sprayed some Tim Holtz Distress Oxide spray in the corners.


I finished the layout off with some Tim Holtz Distress Oxide spray splatters (LOVE that lemonade color because it is so bright). 

And that's it! I hope you visit the SG Scrap Squad Facebook group to play along with all of the virtual crop challenges. I'm sure I'll have more layouts to share with you here and on my YouTube channel from those challenges, so stay tuned! Thanks for looking!

Comments