August Mix It Up Monday Hop - Scrapbook Process 258

Welcome to Mix It Up Monday - a social media hop where we share projects that mix it up! We're mixing up a traditional scrapbook layout with some different types of media, such as texture paste, foil, ink, paint, spray, gesso, thread, stitching... in fact, the sky's the limit! This hop is a collaboration between Anna from Piece Craft Love and Kimberly from I'd Rather Be Scrapbooking. Anyone is welcome to play along! The inspiration sketch is posted on the last Monday of the month, and the hop takes place on the second Monday of the following month.

This month's sketch was created by Brenda Ragsdale for the Scrap Our Stash blog. You can see how I use it in my process video and get the full list of hop participants in my video's description box.

 
I loved the circular element in the original sketch, so I incorporated some circles onto my layout by using a small metal bucket to stamp circles using Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Spray in Uncharted Mariner. 


Then I layered up some Down on the Farm patterned papers from Doodlebug behind my two photos, added in some tags, twine, chipboard embellishments, and stickers, and that's the layout, my friends!


This was a fun one to put together, so I hope you check out the process video and hop along to see how everyone else interpreted the sketch! Thanks for looking!

Comments