July Off the Board Hop - The ScrapRoom JumpStart Sketch - Scrapbook Process 254

For this month's Off the Board hop, I went into my Scrapbook Challenges Pinterest board and chose this month's The ScrapRoom sketch challenge. I used to love participating in The ScrapRoom challenges, but it's been awhile since I've done them - or any challenges, really. This was a nice reminder that there's a reason I made a challenge Pinterest board! To do more scrapbook challenges!

Check out how my 12x12 layout came together in this process video and get the full list of hop participants.

 
This scrapbook layout came together using leftover paper scraps and embellishments. Luckily I had a large 12x12 piece of Doodlebug patterned paper to use as my background, and I finished it off with a hand-drawn border. I just love the way those look!


Everything else was partially used up pieces of cardstock or patterned paper, and I just layered them up like I saw in the sketch.

Because these are photos of my daughter at her school's spring fling dance, I picked spring-themed embellishments from my stash. I still had some of this spring's Simple Stories collection, and I also threw in a bicycle with flowers, an old Cheeky Studio sequins mix, and a Pretty Little Studio tag.


I finished it off with three colors of splatters - two Tim Holtz and one Shimmerz - because there just needed to be a little something more on the large blue banner. It seemed too plain. And I love splatters!

I hope this gives you some scrapbook ideas for your next scrapbook layout! Thanks for looking!

Comments