Traveler's Notebook Layouts - Scrapbook Process 244

Time for something a little different - a traveler's notebook! I have had this TN since the 2019 Stamp & Scrapbook Expo when I took a Latest & Greatest class. The instructor showed us how to make one two-page spread, but after that... I never finished it. 

So I decided that this was the year to complete it using pictures from a weekend getaway my husband and I took in August 2021. You can see how it came together in this process video.


 
So this is actually the second spread in the TN. (Blogger inserted my photos out of order, and I'm too lazy right now to fix them.) This is the spread that I made at the Stamp & Scrapbook Expo, but I didn't have photos to insert. Because the papers that came with this TN were vacation-themed ones from Paper House Productions, I knew that I needed to use this for scrapping a vacation!


To get photos that were the right size (aka small), I printed out the photos on my Canon Ivy mini printer. Right now, I only have the photos from day 1 printed out so as to not overwhelm me. Scrapbooking in this smaller size is challenging for me. It took me several weeks just to get these pages prepped before I actually started anything!


And this is the opening spread in the TN. I typed and printed out my journaling because I wanted a typewriter look. (Don't know why - just wanted it that way.) And I used the TN's pre-printed pages to guide my journaling. 


I can't wait to continue further in this TN, but I know it's going to be a process as I think outside the box to create layouts at this smaller size. If you've got any tips, please let me know in the comments! Thanks for looking!

Comments