TheraICE RX Headache Relief Cap Review

It's National Migraine & Headache Awareness Month, and I wanted to share with you something that might bring some relief to migraine and headache sufferers. I was lucky enough to test out free samples of the TheraICE RX Headache Relief Cap.


What is the TheraICE RX Headache Relief Cap?

It's essentially a wearable ice pack, leaving you hands-free to continue living your life while relieving pain at the same time. Inside the cap is "expert grade gel" that can be heated up in the microwave or used cold. Just place the whole cap inside the included freezer bag into your freezer and leave it there for cold compression therapy whenever you need it. The cap's material blocks light for sensitivity, something migraine sufferers experience.


What Types of Headaches Does It Work On?

Its dual therapy works on all types of headaches, including migraine, cluster, stress/tension, sinus, and neck pain.

How Do You Wear It?


It's really easy to put on the cap. You just slip it over your head! One size fits all. You can wear it above the eyes to ease pain while you're doing chores, working, or watching TV. (That's how I prefer to wear it.) Or you can pull it down over your eyes to block out light. The cap has a really soft and smooth feel, unlike using a traditional hard or slippery ice pack. You also don't have to worry about scratchy Velcro closures or straps with this.


Why I Like It

  • The Headache Relief Cap is easy to put on
  • It comes in two colors: pink and black
  • It's pretty flat and doesn't take up much space in my freezer (which is where I keep it so that I can use it for cold therapy whenever I get a migraine)
  • The whole thing gets cold, perfect for wherever you have your pain
  • It keeps its cold temperature for about 15 minutes
  • I can wear it and keep my hands free to do other things
  • It's convenient! 



What I Don't Like

  • Because of the way this fits on your head, I couldn't pull it down as much as I would have liked while wearing my glasses. That's just something to keep in mind if you are a glasses-wearer, too.
  • I don't always need cold therapy all over my head. What I like about the hands-free device that I was wearing is that I can position it right over the painful spot and all the coldness goes there.
  • It can be almost too cold right when you take it out of the freezer. Give it a minute or two before wearing it.
  • It only comes with one, so if, after 15 minutes, you still need an ice pack on your head, you'll have to use a real ice pack while you wait for the cap to cool down again. I'd buy two of these so you can keep one freezing while you wear the other one.
I didn't test this out in the microwave because I don't like heat for relieving my migraine pain, so I can't speak to how well it worked when hot. But I think you'll see from the above that the pros of TheraICE RX Headache Relief Cap far outweigh the cons. Let me know in the comments if this sounds like something you need in your life!

Comments