TruEats Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free Review

A couple weeks ago, TruEats sent me a free care package of their gluten-free and plant-based baking mixes. I baked my way through the TruEats Brownie Mix, TruEats Pancake & Waffle Mix, TruEats Dutch Chocolate Muffin & Cake Mix, and TruEats Premium Sweetener.

And now I'm going to share with you the results of all that work and my thoughts on these gluten-free and dairy-free mixes!

First up - TruEats Dutch Chocolate Muffin & Cake Mix. We used this mix to make chocolate cupcakes. All I had to do was add eggs, oil, and water to this mix. (All of these mixes are very easy to make.) 

This mix is made with a variety of alternative flours, including chickpea, almond, and buckwheat. Because of the inclusion of ancient grains and natural ingredients, these cupcakes then provide a natural source of fiber, protein, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.


This mix, along with some of the others, are also good for not only gluten-free and dairy-free diets, but diabetic, vegan, sugar-free, GMO-free, and plant-based diets.

We decorated our cupcakes with some dairy-free and gluten-free frosting, which probably upped the sugar intake, but it was worth it. Ha ha. These cupcakes were so moist and chocolatey. They are definitely a favorite with me and my picky kiddo. We ate these cupcakes as lunch AND dinner dessert, but I didn't feel that bad because technically these are kind of healthy, right? LOL



Now on to TruEats Brownie Mix. Just like the muffin and cake mix, these brownies were easy to make and made with ancient grains and natural ingredients. They turned out rich and moist, and we couldn't stop eating them! I almost forgot to take a photo of one of them before they were all gone!


My daughter helped me make these, and she decided that Valentine's Day sprinkles were required, so we mixed them into the batter before cooking. I like the pop of color, don't you?

My least favorite mix was probably the TruEats Pancake & Waffle Mix. Compared to the pancakes I usually make, these pancakes weren't as sweet, and they did not pass the approval of my picky eater.




The second time I made the pancakes, I added some dairy-free chocolate chips (even though I am somehow the only one in my family who enjoys chocolate chip pancakes). The chocolate added some sweetness, but overall, the flavor was the same as before. 

Last but not least is the TruEats Premium Sweetener. This is made from monk fruit, and it's so easy to use because it's a 1:1 replacement for regular sugar. I used this stuff in everything, from my banana bread to my morning oatmeal. It worked perfectly!



It's zero sugar, zero glycemic, and zero calories, which is a really nice bonus!

All of these mixes are a nice bonus to those of us who eat special diets. I love that everything is gluten-free and dairy-free to satisfy my family's dietary requirements, but because of the ingredients used, these TruEats mixes are also perfect for so many other diets.

Which of these mixes would you want to try first? Let me know in the comments!

Comments