Mix It Up Monday - February Challenge - Scrapbook Process 205

Welcome to Mix It Up Monday, a social media hop where we share projects that MIX IT UP! We're mixing up a traditional scrapbook layout with some different types of media, such as texture paste, foil, paint, ink, spray, gesso, thread, stitching... in fact, the sky is the limit!


This hop is a collaboration between Anna from Piece Craft Love and Kimberly from I'd Rather Be Scrapbooking, but anyone is welcome to play along. (Check out Anna's blog for information on how to sign up!) They post the inspiration sketch on the last Monday of the month, and then the Hop takes place on the 2nd Monday of the month!

This is my second time playing along with these talented ladies, and here's what I came up with! You can see more details in my process video, as well as find the links to all the other participants.

This was the sketch that we worked with. Can you see where I got my inspiration? I loved the circles peeking out from behind the photo, and I found two scrap pieces of patterned paper from my January Best of Both Worlds Kit that were perfect as the background behind the photo.



Then I used some Prima paint and a Vicki Boutin stencil to paint pretty flowers peeking out from behind my layers of paper. This was the first time I'd ever painted with a stencil on a scrapbook layout!


For more mixed media elements, I added some Pops of Color from Scrapbook.com in Champagne, and then splattered some Nuvo Mica Mist in Antique Gold. I love the gold colors because I think they have a very classic feel to them, which was perfect for this photo of a historic home.


As you can see, I used doilies from Doodlebug Designs in place of the circles from the original sketch, as well as some cut-out Vicki Boutin circles and a Jen Hadfield flower die-cut. 

So happy with how this turned out. Now it's your turn to play along! Thanks for looking!

Comments