Scrapbook & Cards Today Inspiration Series - Part 10 - Process Video 192

I've shared a new process video on my YouTube channel as part of my Scrapboook & Cards Today Inspiration Series! So far I've done 10 of these videos, and you can see the current video right here. While you're on my channel, click subscribe so you don't miss out on more scrapbook process videos. You can also view my Scrapbook & Cards Today Inspiration Series playlist to see how these magazines have been inspiring me over the past few months!

Now, let's get to today's 12x12 scrapbook layout!


I was inspired by a Shimelle layout from the fall 2021 issue. I really like how Shimelle cuts her layouts in half by using one patterned paper on the left side and one on the right side (or top and bottom). I also liked that her layout used four photos, which was perfect because I just so had four selfies that I had taken during my online TV tour for work last year.


For this layout, I used my August 2021 Not Just for Boys Kit Club kit and added in some sticker embellishments from Echo Park's Teen Squad (the girl version). I talk about this in the process video, but there is one thing I'd do differently if I had to redo this layout.

Instead of trying to mimic Shimelle's layout so exactly (something I did because I was pressed for time to get this video done), I would move the Pretty Little Studio frame and the title closer to the larger photo. Shimelle's layout had a lot of journaling on the bottom, which was not something that I needed to include, so my layout ended up with a lot of white space between the large photo and the frame.


Just something to consider for next time! See? Not all scrapbookers love all their layouts 100% of the time. But that's okay! What's important is that these memories are scrapped and I can move on to something else!

Thanks for looking!

Comments