Mix It Up Monday Hop - Scrapbook Process 194

Welcome to Mix It Up Monday – a Social Media hop where we share projects that MIX IT UP! We’re mixing up a traditional scrapbook layout with some different types of media such as texture paste, foil, paint, ink, spray, gesso, thread, stitching, in fact, the SKY is the limit!

This hop is a collaboration between Anna from
Piece Craft Love and Kimberly from I’d Rather Be Scrapbooking but anyone is welcome to play along. We post the inspiration sketch on the last Monday of the month and then the Hop takes place on the 2nd Monday of the month!
You can sign for the next month’s hop over on the Piece Craft Love Crafty Playground blog.
I was invited to play along with this new monthly hop, and here is the sketch for January. It's from the amazing Laura Whitaker, who I always like to scraplift.

And this is the 12x12 scrapbook layout I created! You can see more details in my scrapbook process video.

I was inspired by some of the circular elements on the sketch, so I used my Not Just For Boys Kit Club circle stamp to add some orange circles peeking out from behind the photo and all the layered papers. Mixed media is a great idea for when you are running low on patterned paper, as I was for these Halloween photos.

I also had fun layering all those patterned paper scraps behind my photos and fussy cutting the ghosts from the Prima cut-aparts! 

I know a lot of people are doing no-spend years on craft supplies, so if you're trying to make the most of your scrapbook stash right now, might I suggest some mixed media? I was so happy to use up these leftover bits of paper with lots of fun stamping and splattering! Thanks for checking it out! I hope you check out this new challenge!

Comments