Scrapbook & Cards Today Inspiration Series Part 8 - Grid-Style Scraplift

Today I'm scraplifting a page from the summer issue of Scrapbook & Cards Today magazine. I was really inspired by this grid design from Kathy Leicht Gregg and knew it would be perfect for these 3x4 photos I had of our experience at Paula Deen's Lumberjack Feud show. Check out my process video to see how it all came together.


Awhile back, I had cut scrap pieces of patterned paper and cardstock down into different sizes for matting, so I had a stack of solid color 3x4 rectangles that were perfect for matting these photos. I just had to cut down each photo to a slightly smaller size to be able to see the matting behind them. I chose yellow, red, and brown to fit with the colors in the show's signage.


I didn't do a straight scraplift of this one. You'll notice that I have my title in a different location, and while I still have strips of paper on my layout, they're in a different location than on the original scrapbook page. I also changed up the design of the grid for the middle and bottom rows to better fit with the photos I had.


And that's it for today! Thanks so much for watching!

Comments