Scrapbook Process #174 - Shimelle Inspiration

Today's scrapbook process video is inspired by an October live that Shimelle did where she used a haunted house cut file. Because I a) didn't have the cut file and b) didn't own a cut file machine, I decided to use the same background paper as Shimelle and then do my own thing.

 

All the details on how this 12x12 scrapbook layout came together can be found in the video, but let me give you some quick hints. Pretty much all the pieces on this layout came from the October Best of Both Worlds kit, but these are not October or fall photos. These are two photos of my kiddo playing on playgrounds during our summer vacation. I liked that I was able to use the kit in a way that wasn't fall or Halloween.



I did add a few adhesive gems and stickers that I picked up at Dollar Tree. They are pretty good quality and fit nicely with the color scheme of the papers and other embellishments that I chose.



I inked the edges of the paper with black ink and used foam squares to pop up the center square with the butterfly on it. I like the dimension that gives and how I placed the squares at angles, but kept the tow photos and the backing paper for them all straight.

Thanks so much for watching!

Comments