Scrapbook & Cards Today Inspiration Series - Part 6 - Scrapbook Process 175

It's that time of the week where I show you my take on a sketch, scrapbook layout, card, or challenge from Scrapbook & Cards Today magazine. This week I was inspired by a two-page sketch that inspired Wendy Sue Anderson to create a two-page layout. You can get all the details in my process video.


This was a hard one for me, partly because I was using random papers that I'd pulled and partly because this was a two-pager and those always take a little longer. I think I did a decent job of tying both pages together, though, by adding same patterned papers, colors, and embellishments on each page.


I really liked the original sketch, but I also really liked how Wendy Sue Anderson used the sketch, so I took inspiration from both versions to create my page. Those little squares at the bottom? Those weren't in the original sketch, but Wendy Sue placed them on hers. A great way to squeeze in a few more pictures!


I think this layout would have been easier if I'd been using a fresh collection or kit. With lots of coordinating supplies, it wouldn't have been as tedious to make the layout cohesive. I'll definitely be using this design again, so stay tuned!


Comments