Scrapbook Process #144 Patchwork Inspiration from SCT Magazine

Good morning, everyone! Today I have a layout inspired by the patchwork challenge in the spring Scrapbook & Cards Today magazine. You can see my process video for it here.

 
I cut squares of patterned paper - a great way to use up scraps - and created a grid behind my 5x7 photo. Then I added a few more squares on either side of the photo to create a diagonal line and bring more of that patchwork feel to the background paper.


Because this is a photo of my daughter standing next to flowers in our backyard, I added some Amy Tangerine flower stickers from my stash. They are translucent, so I stuck the bigger flowers on some white cardstock and fussy cut them out so that they showed up more. I also popped them up on foam dots.


Then I added some enamel dots and Simple Stories phrase stickers and heart stickers to finish it off! Can you see the inking I did on the edges of the squares? I sometimes forget how good it looks when patterned paper has inked edges. 

Were you inspired by the patchwork challenge, too? Thanks for looking! 

Comments

  1. I loved the video that goes with this page, and this scrapbook page turned out absolutely perfect! So sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment