Scrapbook Process #138 Shimelle Inspiration

Today I'm sharing a scrapbook layout based on a Shimelle live. She created a mixed media background and ended up not liking it, but I was inspired by her background to create my own using similar colors. You can watch it happen in my process video for this 12x12 layout.



The background was created with two misting sprays using the package technique. It's so easy to do, and I love the way the purple and pink go together. The placement of the photos and the layering of all the patterned papers was inspired by Shimelle's layout, too, although I did go my own way with it.



A lot of the elements on this scrapbook page are from the May Best of Both Worlds kit, while a few things are just from my stash. I was working on using up my leftover scraps from the kit. 



These are photos of my daughter in front of the M&M/Mars factory in our town. I really wish they'd give tours because I'd love to see how the chocolate is made. Oh well.

Thanks for looking!

Comments