Gluten-Free Baking with Bravadough!

I recently got the chance to test out a gluten-free dough called Bravadough. It's gluten-free, soy-free, egg-free, non-GMO, and tree nut-free. Plus, it's really easy to make.


You can, of course, use the mix to make professional-looking gluten-free pizza at home, but the dough can also be used for stromboli, calzone, breadsticks, cinnamon rolls, and more. I received one package of mix and used it to make a white ricotta pizza and pepperoni calzones.

As someone who has never made dough like this from scratch, I was a little hesitant. But the directions for prepping the dough were really easy. (Just make sure you have a stand mixer.) 

Once your dough has risen for at least one hour, you can begin making pizza or another recipe. I used this Taste and Tell Garlic Rosemary Three Cheese Pizza recipe to help me top my pizza dough and figure out how long I should bake it.

That brings me to the only problem I had with Bravadough: The recipe card that comes with the dough says to use 1/3 of the prepared dough for the pizza. I started with that, and it seemed like a really small amount. Maybe for a personal pizza but certainly not for a pizza meant to feed three people. So then I went to the Bravadough website, and the pizza recipe there says to use half of the dough. Now that's more like it!


I could have made another pizza with the other half of the dough, but instead, let me tell you what to do with pizza dough that's left over: calzone. I started off following the instructions on the Bravadough recipe card to use up the other half of my dough. I filled my one large calzone with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni. Then I turned to the internet to tell me how long to cook it. (15 minutes worked best.)


Once cooked, I cut the calzone into slices, and we were ready to eat! My husband, who has Celiac disease, really enjoyed this both as pizza dough and as calzone dough. I would consider making it again, however, it is not dairy-free. So as much as I attempted to make our pizza and calzone dairy-free by using vegan cheese and butter, the Bravadough ingredients include milk powder, which I did not realize before trying it.

Still, if you need a dough that's gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free, and tree nut-free, then I would highly recommend this easy-to-use and delicious dough. Big thanks to Bravadough for sending me a free sample.

Comments