Mixed Media Frenzy May Hop - Julie Taylor Inspiration

This month I'm participating in the Mixed Media Frenzy YouTube Hop, and we're taking inspiration from a Julie Taylor 12x12 scrapbook layout. You can see how I interpreted the design in my process video AND find the full list of all the hop participants.


Here is the scrapbook page that inspired us for this hop:


Beautiful, right? And here's what I created:



I loved the rays of papers coming out behind the photo, so I used leftover branding strips to create those rays. Then I embellished with a bunch of stuff from my scraps: Amy Tangerine, Pink Paislee, Pinkfresh Studio, and Nuvo Drops.


For my mixed media, I used two misting sprays (Shimmerz Glorious Day and Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Speckled Egg) with the package technique.


And I popped my 2x3 photo off the page with foam squares, plus it's got a PhotoPlay frame and some packaging from a Pinkfresh ephemera pack backing it. I love reusing cool packaging as patterned paper!

Thanks for looking!

Comments