Gluten-Free Mother's Day Brunch Recipes from Simple Mills

Simple Mills sent me a free goodie box full of gluten-free and dairy-free mixes so that I could test out some delicious brunch recipes perfect for Mother's Day! Let's get cooking!


First up, a Blueberry Pomegranate Pancake Casserole. Don't worry if you don't have pomegranate. I omitted that from my version and just went full-on blueberry, and it tasted great! This uses the Simple Mills Pancake and Waffle Mix.


Get yourself another box of the Pancake and Waffle Mix to make this elevated version of scrambled eggs and waffles. The Sweet and Spicy Scrambled Egg Waffle Sandwich definitely combined flavors I never would have thought to put together myself. But I'm totally loving the Everything Bagel Seasoning in the eggs!


And if you use the Banana Muffin Mix, you can make Blueberry Banana Breakfast Bars. This was the only recipe I didn't get around to baking, but it's on my list!

I did make a fun appetizer (or snack or lunch or whatever-meal) using the Simple Mills Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil Crackers. These things taste like pizza crackers! And they remind me of something my college roommate taught me to make - cracker pizza! Here's what you do:


Ingredients:

Simple Mills Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil crackers

Shredded mozzarella cheese (Use Daiya or Violife for dairy-free.)

Pepperoni slices

Directions:

1. Spread crackers over a small plate. Make sure the crackers are in a single layer.

2. Sprinkle some shredded mozzarella cheese on top. 

3. Place pepperoni on top of that.

4. Put the plate in the microwave. Microwave for 20 seconds. Check to see if the cheese is melty enough. If not, microwave for another 20 seconds. That should do it! 

5. Enjoy!

Comments