Battle of the Foot Masks: Aveeno Repairing Cica and Holler and Glow Purrfect Pedi

I'm going to be honest with you: my feet are in bad shape. One time I went to bed barefoot and my husband asked me if I was wearing shoes. Yikes.

So when I came across two new foot masks, one from Aveeno and one from Holler and Glow, I decided to get them both (easy buys from Target drive-up) and test them out to see which one worked the best.


Aveeno Repairing Cica Foot Mask

The Aveeno Repairing Cica Foot Mask is enriched with prebiotic oat and shea butter. This mask is designed to help repair extra dry, problem skin. Cica comes from the French word "cicatrisation", so it's not actually an ingredient in the foot mask, but rather the idea behind the foot mask.

In the pouch, you get two single-use slippers. So that's one slipper for each foot, or one pair of slippers. You only have to wear them for 10 minutes, so it's easy to slip these on and hang out on the couch reading a book or watching TV for that time. Once 10 minutes is up, remove the slippers and massage any remaining product into skin until it's fully absorbed. 


That's it! After using this foot mask, your skin should be visibly soft, smooth, and healthy-looking.  

I think I was hoping for something a little more intense than what this foot mask offered. My feet did feel pretty soft, or softer than they had felt. I can't say they looked visibly softer, though. Perhaps this is a mask that you're supposed to use more than once - say once a week for several weeks - to really see the most results. At under $4, it's not an expensive treatment, so using this foot mask more often is definitely feasible.

Holler and Glow Purrfect Pedi

The Holler and Glow Purrfect Pedi was recommended to me via Real Simple magazine. This is a more intense sock mask that "magically removes and smoothes calluses and rough skin". Unlike the Aveeno foot mask, this includes alpha hydroxy acids, along with Kiwi Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, and Rosemary Leaf Extract. 

What you remove from the pouch is very confusing. You actually have to cut in half to open up the two different socks. From there, slip your feet in, wear for at least 60 minutes, and then wash your feet. The dead skin will start to peel away within 7 to 10 days, and it's recommended that you rub your feet with a washcloth when you're showering or bathing to help speed up the peeling process.


Honestly, I didn't notice ANY peeling happening by the following week. Maybe I did something wrong, but my feet still felt and looked rough around my toes and the balls of my feet. After about 3 weeks, my heels felt slightly smoother, but they still didn't look summer sandal ready. 

Perhaps with this foot mask, I should try again and wear for the maximum time of 90 minutes. It's also under $4, so not something that will break the bank if you do it every so often.

Have you guys found anything that worked to clear up dry skin on your feet? Let me know what you'd recommend in the comments!

Comments