Let's Get Sketchy January Sketch Challenge + Process Video

Good morning! (Or afternoon or evening - whenever you're reading this!) I'm so excited to share with you my very first design team layout for Let's Get Sketchy. Check out this cool sketch for January's challenge:


And here is how I let the sketch inspire me. I've got a process video on my YouTube channel if you want to know more.


I used leftover bits and pieces from summer collections from Simple Stories, Elle's Studio, and American Crafts. Instead of doing hexagon shapes behind the photos, I just used the die-cut ephemera pieces from Simple Stories.


And then I used two colors of Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Spray for my splatters. This wasn't actually the mixed media that I had in mind. And if you watch my process video, you'll see what my original intent was for this layout. It just didn't work out.


And that's okay! I saved the mixed media I had created to use with another layout. No big deal. Don't let mixed media scare you! Even if something doesn't turn out well at first, that doesn't mean it's a mistake.

So that's my layout and my advice. Thanks for looking, and don't forget to enter your own take on this sketch challenge at the Let's Get Sketchy blog!

Comments