Best YouTube Channels for Kids

If you are a working mom like me, then you've probably resorted to the television to keep your kids occupied while you try to get some work done during the day. Some of my daughter's favorite TV shows are also YouTube kid's shows, plus we've discovered a variety of educational channels that package compilations of songs and other content into 30-minute or 60-minute chunks. 


Some of these channels you may already be watching, but if not, I'd give them a watch, especially if you're looking for something new. I'd say all of these are family-friendly YouTube channels, too. I don't mind watching some of them!

Here are my family's top kid YouTube channels:

Learn with Eddie

The adventures of a dinosaur as he learns to brush his teeth, take a bath, and dress up in different costumes. This is definitely one of our top kid's YouTube channels right now.

Peppa Pig

The official Peppa Pig channel has episodes of the show (sometimes full episodes, sometimes edited) along with shows featuring Peppa Pig toys. This is just one of many kid shows to watch on YouTube.

Ben & Holly's Little Kingdom

This show is from the creators of Peppa Pig, so it's no wonder that my kid likes it. You can find full episodes of this show on the official Ben & Holly channel.

Cocomelon

One of our favorite YouTube channels for kids! We knew about Cocomelon (formerly ABC Kid TV) back before it got its own toy line. We love the family of characters and the songs.

Rob the Robot

Be warned: you'll have this show's theme song stuck in your head! But my kiddo loves this YouTube channel for kids, and it's got some educational content, as well.


Pinkfong

Yes, the dreaded "Baby Shark" song is on this channel, but they also have animated fairy tale stories, as well as other songs and content. I have to admit, the "Baby Car" version of "Baby Shark" is pretty cool. Check out the drawing songs, too. We learned how to draw Frankenstein!

Super Simple Songs

This has been another one of our favorites for several years. I like the mix of visuals they use in their songs: from puppets and humans to different animation styles. Each song is something new! I'd say that this is one of the best educational YouTube channels for kids.

Cry Babies

The channel is actually called Kitoons, but the series that my daughter likes watching on the Kitoons channel is Cry Babies. These are short episodes about babies dressed in animal onesies who go on adventures and learn life lessons. Just don't tell your kid that there are Cry Babies dolls or your house will be overrun with these dolls and their tiny, tiny accessories. (They are pretty cute, though.)

Now, I'm going to be honest. I don't always let my kid watch these on the YouTube Kids app. Most of the time, she watches them through regular YouTube on our smart TV. So it's up to you on which platform you allow your child to view them.

What are some other good YouTube channels for kids that your family likes? I'd love to know what some of your favorite YouTube Kids videos are!

Comments