Best Fiction Books of 2020

I meant to do a "best new books" round-up toward the end of last year but kind of forgot about it. So let's kick off the new year with my top 5 books of 2020. 

Picking these good books was so hard as I read more than 50 books last year and really liked so many of them. How many books did you read in 2020? What were some of the best fiction books that you read last year? 


Sanctuary by V.V. James

This book stayed with me! It might even be my book of the year. I became so invested in the characters that it hurt my heart to read how they were being treated. And, of course, this book has a lot to stay about how we treat others who are "different" from us in real life.

Anxious People by Fredrik Backman

If you've never cried while reading a Fredrik Backman book, then you must not have a soul. He writes some of the best fiction books. Here's another example of a book where the characters really move you. Such a great message of not judging people without knowing their full stories.

Florence Adler Swims Forever by Rachel Beanland

Based on a true story and set in 1920s New Jersey, this novel explores family relationships and family secrets over the course of one summer.

Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng

If you've had this book on your to-read list for a long time (like me), do yourself a favor and get it off your to-read list! Just read this book! I wasn't really sold on the Hulu series. I think I like the way the characters develop and reveal things in the book better.

The Girl in the Mirror by Rose Carlyle

What a twisty book about twin jealousy with an ending I really didn't see coming. If you want to add some thrill to your 2021, start it off with this book!

These are what I think are some of the best books right now. I'd love to know what you think are some of the best fiction books to read. What are you looking forward to reading this year? Check out my list of books I'm most excited for in 2021 if you need inspiration.

Comments