White with 1 Red Color Scrapbook Challenge

The new color challenge is up at White with 1. To fit the holiday season, the color is garnet. 

I chose not to go the traditional Christmas/holiday route with my layout. (I also chose to disregard the additional sketch offered with the challenge, mainly because I forgot.) Instead, I scrapped a summer photo with reds and whites. Full details are in my process video.


I had this cool red polka dot tissue paper in my stash, and I just knew that I wanted to use it on this layout. So I used the tissue paper to back my photo.

This is a photo of my daughter, BTW. She really wanted me to take her picture in front of the stop sign.


I didn't have a whole lot of red embellishments in my stash, but what I found came from Simple Stories and Echo Park. That's kind of the beauty of these color challenges - you're never too overwhelmed with choices, which can often be debilitating or result in too much stuff on a page.


And that's kind of it! I hope you play along this month by uploading your layout to the White with 1 Facebook group.

This is my last design team layout for the year, but I'm sure I'll still play along with the challenges in 2021. And who knows? Maybe I'll return to the design team in the future!

Comments

Post a Comment