Mixed Media Frenzy Merry & Bright Hop

Merry Christmas! How's this for a Christmas surprise? Today I'm excited to be participating in the Mixed Media Frenzy Merry & Bright Hop. I've got a process video up on my YouTube channel, and there are a whole bunch of other videos and Instagram accounts for you to check out from all of the other participants. See the full list below.


So for my layout, I chose a recent picture of my daughter and I playing out on our deck - which was FINALLY finished this month. So that made us very "merry". 

I also used the Cocoa Vanilla Studio Merry & Bright collection for this layout, which is pretty versatile. That wood grain paper was just perfect for a layout about a deck.


I used white gesso behind the photo and attempted to use Avery Elle White Ink Spray to add some white splatters. BUT it dried clear. Like, literally, I watched it dry up and disappear before my very eyes. SO disappointing.

So I tried to add some Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Spray in Victorian Velvet for a bit of color on the white gesso. I really would have rather had the white splatters, but... Still waiting for someone from Avery Elle to explain to me how to use the spray.


So that's my merry and bright layout! Here's the full list for the hop so you can see what everyone else created using mixed media elements!

Comments