How to Find the Best Diaper Bag

Last year I wrote a blog post called What I Wish I'd Known: Diaper Bags, and it gave what I thought were helpful tips when shopping for the best diaper bag. 

You can revisit that blog post (I think the tips all still apply today) and also head over to the Zulily blog for even more tips for finding the perfect diaper bag for you.


I'm revisiting this topic now because I just recently threw away my daughter's old Skip Hop Duo diaper bag. Out of all the diaper bags I tried, it was the one that stayed with us the longest. (Thanks, Courtney.) Here's what I loved about it:

1. Ample store space both inside and outside

2. Built-in changing pad pocket with padded changing pad

3. Easy-clean surface material

4. Adjustable shoulder strap plus two hand straps for convenient carrying

5. Held its shape no matter what I had inside

Those are just some of the things you want to keep in mind as you decide how to choose a diaper bag, but, of course, different parents want different things.

Diaper bags ensure you have everything you
need when out and about with your baby.

The design of the bag from an aesthetic standpoint will also be a major factor for how to pick the best diaper bag. I liked the Skip Hop chevron design, but someone else may want a floral pattern or a camo pattern or just a solid shade in their favorite color.

Do you need a diaper bag? Well, that's a great question! Some parents may find that a diaper clutch is right up their alley, giving them easy access to one or two diapers, a travel pack of wipes, and maybe a change of baby clothes. Other than that, they'll be perfectly happy to travel light with their baby.

I think finding the right diaper bag comes down to trial and error. I can't even imagine being a new parent right now in the midst of COVID-19, trying to figure out what to buy for the new arrival and not really being able to go out to the stores and see things in person. Like diaper bags! I almost feel like you have to try them on to figure out if it's going to be the right fit.

So good luck to all the new moms and dads out there! I hope you find a diaper bag or diaper backpack that carries everything you want and is comfortable to wear.

Comments