Cafe Spice Gluten-Free + Dairy-Free Review

I recently got the chance to try out for free some of the delicious fully prepared Asian meals from Cafe Spice. What I really liked about these meals, available in your grocer's freezer section, is that there are so many gluten-free and dairy-free options. And the website makes it incredibly easy to find which meals suit your dietary needs.


There are quite a few dairy-free (for my own dietary restrictions) Cafe Spice meals, and my local ShopRite carried three of them. So those were the ones I got to taste test:

Chicken Curry with Lemon Rice - This one was really good with a nice dose of chicken and a really delicious rice. The curry was nicely spiced, and I could really taste the lemon flavor coming through in the rice. Great flavor combination.


Chicken Vindaloo with Lemon Rice - While good, this one was WAY too spicy for me. Make sure you pay attention to the spice meter on the front of the package!

Channa Masala with Lemon Rice - If you don't eat meat, then you'll like the substitute of chickpeas in this one. 

All three of these are also gluten-free!

The holidays are coming up, and if you're looking for something that could be a suitable lunch or dinner on a busy day, then definitely check out Cafe Spice!

Comments