Reading Rainbow Scrapbook Page feat. Paper Issues

It's back to school month, so some of the challenges in the Paper Issues Friends & Fans Facebook Group are also back to school themed. Like the Book Worm challenge! Here's my take.


I used the Fancy Pants Vitamin Sea patterned paper from the August kit as my background, and then layered the book-patterned paper from the PhotoPlay quarantine collection on top, and then layered a big heart that I hand-cut on top of that. (That paper might be from the Pinkfresh Let's Stay Home collection.)

For extra depth, I popped the heart up on foam dots and then created clusters of embellishments in the top right and bottom left edges.


These are photos of my daughter "reading". I love capturing these everyday moments, like catching a glimpse of her entertaining herself in her room with a book after waking up from a nap or sitting and telling herself a made-up story as she flips through pages.

The embellishments are a mish-mash of old stuff from my stash along with Pinkfresh Let's Stay Home, Elle's Studio, Echo Park Salon, Pinkfresh Office Hours, and Pebbles Live Life Happy. 


I created a title using two different American Crafts Thickers: Getaway and See the Good. I loved the colors of Getaway. Kind of rainbow-y just like the title words, right? I chose the title because my daughter loves the Reading Rainbow theme song, and I thought a kids' TV show about reading would be appropriate for pictures of a kid reading.

Do you guys remember that show? I used to watch it when I was a kid, and then as an adult, I actually went to an event for the relaunch of the show and LeVar Burton was there! Pretty cool.

So that's it! Thanks for looking! And make sure to use my code Lars to save 20% off when shopping in the Paper Issues store.

Comments