Chalk Love Scrapbook Page featuring Paper Issues

This month, I also played along with the This or That challenge at Paper Issues. In case you don't know, this challenge gives you the choice of seven different items to use on your layout. So here's what I used: 

  • 3 squares
  • heart
  • the word "love"
  • metal clip
  • twine
  • journaling
  • rainbow
And here is the layout I made.



Not gonna lie, I totally struggled with the placement of these photos. I knew from the get-go that I wanted there to be a cluster at the top left corner. That whole section came together really easy! 

And yes, I did make my own paper clip embellishments by adhering a Pebbles Live Life Happy die-cut to a regular paper clip.


But the bottom of this layout...oh boy! I finally figured out what I was trying to achieve. Sometimes things in our heads don't always come out the way we want them to on paper. But all the struggle was worth it, and I'm pleased with the way this layout turned out.

These are photos of my daughter playing with sidewalk chalk. When COVID-19 quarantine started, we played outside a lot and wrote happy messages for our neighbors to see when they were out for walks.


The title is a combination of Bella Blvd Florence alpha stickers and a Simple Stories American Crafts Thickers word. I really love how the two different fonts look together.

So that's my layout! And, of course, I did a lot of manufacturer mixing: Simple Stories, Studio Light, Pebbles, and Elle's Studio.

You can find the latest from all of these companies in the Paper Issues store! And if you use my code Lars, you'll save 20%!

Comments