Alphabet Summer Letter F Week Recap

Welcome to another week of Alphabet Summer Kid School! This week's letter was "F", due in part to Saturday being the Fourth of July.



We started the week out by reading The Mixed-Up Alphabet and then doing a spray the alphabet activity, which turned into just spraying each other with water blasters.

Tuesday, in addition to writing down F words and tracing the letter F, I made snow foam out of frozen baking soda and shaving cream, which did not go over well. I keep forgetting that my kid is not really into sensory stuff like that.

On Wednesday, we didn't do any letter F activities because the first session of Backyard Summer Fun Vacation Bible School started, so we followed along with the music, educational videos, and science experiment. Should have saved the Egg Drop Challenge for letter E week. Oh well!

My daughter slept in on Thursday morning, so we didn't have time to do any activities before I had to work. In the afternoon, we read Fancy Nancy and the Mean Girl, and then I printed out a Frozen dice roll activity from Royal Baloo. My daughter wasn't really into it. She just wanted to watch Trolls. I forced her to participate anyway, and then let her watch Trolls for humoring me.

She slept in again on Friday morning, too! But because I had the day off of work for the holiday, we still had time to read Froggy Gets Dressed and do a paper plate frog craft (not really into it) and make handprint Forky from Toy Story 4 cards (totally into it).



On the 4th of July, we picked up our grocery order, so I just printed out a July 4th coloring page for her to do in the car. And then we did a letter F fish dot marker page at home. Nothing too big. It was a lazy day, and I'm not gonna lie - a lot of TV was watched.

For today, the plan is to do a #sciencesunday fireworks paint activity - if my daughter is into it. We also never read One Fish, Two Fish, so maybe that will be our book for the morning.

Man, this week has felt long! What have you and your kids been up to this summer? Share your activities in the comments and check out my Kid School and Alphabet Summer Pinterest boards for more ideas.

Comments