Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Hash Brown Quiche and Soozy's Muffins

So, I love Trisha Yearwood and her Food Network show Trisha's Southern Kitchen. But not all of her recipes are dairy-free or gluten-free. Not to worry! I still figured out a way to make her Hash Brown Crusted Veggie and Ham Quiche.


So, the base of this quiche are hash browns. And I used the Simply Potatoes hash browns, which are gluten-free. (I find these in the refrigerated dairy section of my grocery store. Why potatoes are in the dairy section, I don't know.)


And here are my dairy-free substitutions:

For the butter I used Country Crock olive oil stick "butter"
For the cheddar cheese, I used Go Veggie shredded "cheddar"
And for the heavy cream, I just used almond milk


My dairy-free substitutions didn't change anything in the taste or texture of the quiche. At least I'm sure it didn't! I haven't tasted the original version, so I can't say. But everything held up well, and the cheese was nice and melty. My husband enjoyed this and even went back for seconds. It's also good as leftovers.

Even though this quiche contains protein and veggies, I still felt that we needed to pair it with something. So I had picked up some blueberry and chocolate chip dairy-free and gluten-free muffins from Soozy's. These are packaged frozen, and you can cook them in the oven or in the microwave. I did the microwave but had to cook the muffins for longer than recommended so that they weren't still cold in the middle. I bet that oven cooking is preferred.

Who else likes breakfast for dinner? What are you favorite go-to breakfast meals?

Comments