My Favorite Things - July 2019

I've rounded up more things that I've been loving (and drinking and eating) this month! What are some of your favorite things right now?

I made this for the 4th of July and for days afterward. It was so good! You're supposed to use cran-apple juice on the bottom, pina colada SOBE on top of that, and blue G2 Gatorade at the very top. I used pineapple/coconut Bai (do they even make SOBE anymore?), and the sugar content was so low that I ended up losing the white layer in the glass. But it still tasted good and was fun and festive!



There's a song on the YouTube channel Cocomelon about rainbow popsicles, and ever since seeing it, my daughter has been begging me to make some. We bought this Koji popsicle mold from Target and followed this semi-easy recipe from Yellow Bliss Road to use Jell-O gelatin mix to create the popsicles. A note: this will take ALL day to make, and then you'll still have to let it all freeze overnight. This was a hard concept for my 3-year-old to understand. Was it worth it? For this particular recipe, maybe not. The flavors weren't very strong when frozen. BUT now we have reusable popsicle molds for making and experimenting with other types of popsicles this summer.



3. Free Patriotic Printables
I made it my goal this month to print out these free 4th of July printables that I pinned a long time ago in my 4th of July Pinterest board. Of course, I didn't get them printed in time for the 4th of July, but maybe I could still keep them out through Labor Day? I printed them on white cardstock for a sturdier finish. I still need to purchase some frames for them. That's my next goal.




4. Wholesome Pantry Organic Tortilla Chips
Nothing against Tostitos, but the Wholesome Pantry brand is SO GOOD. There is just something about them that feels authentic and more Mexican-restaurant-style. They aren't too salty or heavy. I could eat a whole big bag all by myself.


5. My Tumblers
I only have three right now, but I've had more in the past and never used them, so I threw them away. My biggest pet peeve with these types of things is them not being dishwasher-safe. All the ones in my collection right now ARE safe for the dishwasher, so that makes me happy AND it makes me want to use them. Hot drinks or cold drinks, these are amazing. I usually drink my Eat Live Thrive Diet chocolate smoothie from them or pour hot tea over ice cubes and let the tumbler keep it cold for iced tea on the go.



And those are the things that made me happy this month. What are some things that you're loving?

Comments