Love Beauty and Planet Review

Happy Earth Day! I'm hoping to do some fun Earth Day-themed activities with my kid (which will probably end up just me coloring in a picture of the Earth by myself...), but I wanted to tell you about an Earth-friendly company making lotions, hand creams, shampoos, and more. 

Love Beauty and Planet is a new brand that aims to make the world a little happier and a little less wasteful. The ingredients in these products are cruelty-free and certified vegan. There are no parabens and no dyes. Instead you'll find natural ingredients, such as coconut water, argan oil, shea butter, tee tree oil, coconut oil, murumuru butter, rosehip, turmeric, coconut milk, and Indian lilac.

Does that sound amazing?


I discovered these amazing Earth- and people-friendly products through Ripple Street's Chatterbox program. I got to sample a hand cream and a body lotion for free and then give my honest review. I went to two different Targets to obtain my samples. Why two different stores? Because it was SO HARD to find them at the first Target. I walked those aisles about four different times because I was determined to leave the store with SOMETHING. And then I found the body lotions sort of hidden away on the bottom shelf. My next visit to a different Target didn't take as long, and that's where I found the hand lotions in an unmarked bin in the beauty section. 

So which ones did I try out? Well, my favorite of the two free samples was the Shea Butter & Sandalwood Shea Velvet Hand Cream. Seriously, you guys. This stuff has a wonderful peachy-vanilla scent and is super creamy. I thought it was perfect for my dry skin.

I also tested out the Coconut Milk & Mimosa Flower Body Lotion which is for "luscious hydration". It wasn't as thick as the hand cream, and I'm not sure it provided enough hydration that my skin needed, but it did smell really nice and it didn't leave behind a greasy residue. 


Love Beauty and Planet also makes shampoos (pictured above - easily found those near the hand creams at Target), body washes, deodorant, air-powered hairspray, body butters, soap, and more! These are not exclusive to Target. You can find them at CVS and possibly even your local grocery store. I just saw the shampoo and conditioner in my ShopRite circular this week!

I love that these products use a lot of plant-based materials, and that they don't contain any parabens, silicones, sulfates, dyes, and pthalates. And the packaging is made from recycled materials and can be 100 percent recycled itself!

I hope that more stores make it easier and clearer where to find these products so that people like you and me can make skincare, haircare, and more purchases that we can feel good about.

So how about celebrating Earth Day by pampering yourself with some Earth-friendly beauty products?

Comments