Let's Celebrate Scrapbook Page - The ScrapRoom

So last month I won The ScrapRoom's JumpStart Sketch Challenge. Go me! That means that this month I'll take a break from the sketch challenge and participate in the Freaky Fast Formula challenge. I love challenges like this because it's always so neat to see what everybody comes up with.

For this particular challenge, we had to use a large circle and four other specifically sized pieces of patterned paper. Here's what I came up with:



The papers, flower stickers, sequins, adhesive heart gems, and stamp are all from my March Counterfeit Kit. The stamp ink is an old Stampin' Up ink pad.

I added a few bits from a Close to My Heart embellishment set that I had pulled to use on a different layout. I decided that I liked how the navy blue of the alphas matched with the colors in my patterned papers, and the sentiment of "Let's Celebrate" kind of fit with this picture.


It's a picture of my daughter holding a birthday balloon at the grocery store. She wanted to buy it, so I bought it. (Aren't I a nice mom?) And then because it was close to my dad's birthday, I snapped a pic of her holding the balloon and sent it to him on the actual day of his birthday.



This layout came together very quickly. Sometimes with formula or recipe challenges it can be tough to figure out where you want everything to do or how it all fits with pictures that you have. But this one really just worked! I'm so happy with how it turned out. Thanks for looking!

Comments