Dance Scrapbook Page - Stick It Down Challenge

My daughter always wants to do what she says me or her dad doing. And that includes the Wii Fit. (Not that I've done it recently...) Last year, she was obsessed with the white board that you stand on, so I turned it on for her and showed her how to use it through a couple different games, including yoga. And then she had to have a turn on the board, so that's when I snapped these pictures.


I saw the April single-page sketch challenge over at Stick It Down and thought it would be perfect for these photos. Originally, I had three photos of my daughter, but they were so big and not easy to cut down. The sketch called for three 2x3 photos. Not going to happen!


So I just picked two of the photos, trimmed them down a smidge, and angled them to take up the space on the left-hand side of the page that the sketch's three photos would have taken up.

I used a hexagon punch to punch the shapes to go behind the photos, and I have to tell you, there really was no rhyme or reason to how I placed those shapes. Sure, I made sure they were visible behind where I wanted the pictures to go, but I wasn't trying to create a pattern or anything. I do like how they ended up kind of going at a diagonal.


Everything on this page is from my March Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit. Yes, I know. I'm behind. But I didn't start making that kit until the end of March, so I'm just now getting around to using it. Something tells me I'll need to add more embellishments and possibly more paper, but we'll see.

Thanks for looking and good luck if you're also playing along at Stick It Down this month!

Comments

  1. Loving photos! What a perfect background paper for this page. Thanks for sharing with us at Stick It Down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch, love how you changed the shape in the background, thank you for joining us at Stick It Down

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this ! Such a sweet layout and photos! Thanks for joining us at SID this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your photo placement, and such a lovely layout. Thanks for taking part. Sam, DT SID

    ReplyDelete
  5. These moments are precious, I am so glad you captured them and were able to make the PERFECT layout for them! Using the hexagons instead of the banners is stunning! Thank you for inspiring and scrapping with us! ~Melissakay SID DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you adapted the sketch to fit your needs. They are just meant to be inspiration for your page...so you don't have to follow it exactly. Your daughter is adorable and I love that you captured her on the Wii Fit. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down.

    Stacy B, Single page DT member, Stick it Down

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment