The Lucky Ones Scrapbook Page - Scrap Our Stash

So as you know, St. Patrick's Day falls in March, and that is part of the March challenge over at Scrap Our Stash. (Challenge entries are due tomorrow, so I'm just getting mine in at the last minute.)

The inspiration is a picture of Snoopy dressed as a leprechaun sitting on a pot of gold, and the twist is that we had to use green embellishments. We also had a sketch to work with. So here's what I came up with:


I didn't want to do a straight St. Patrick's Day-themed layout (not that I have any appropriate pictures for that anyway), but I still dug into my stash and found some old St. Patrick's Day-themed Doodlebug Designs papers and embellishments that I had purchased about two or three years ago. The polka dot paper strip comes from that, but the other patterned papers are Recollections.


This is a picture of my daughter and her cousin with their grandparents, so I decided to use boy and girl leprechaun stickers from the Doodlebug collection to represent the kids. I also cut out the circle rainbow from the Doodlebug cut-apart sheet to use as my large circular accent as shown in the original sketch.


I wanted there to be something that represented the gold in the pot of gold, so I remembered that I had some gold American Crafts Thickers in my stash and wouldn't you know it? There was a phrase that was just perfect with this theme: The Lucky Ones. So that became my title.

I also used a variety of green, yellow, and orange flower sequins to finish things off.

I love how this turned out, especially because the original sketch had three photos going down the left-hand side, but I interpreted it for just the one photo. I think there's a lesson to be learned here: don't let sketches deter you if you feel you don't have the right number of photos or the right size photos. Just go with it! Use what you have and get creative!

Thanks for looking!

Comments

  1. Such a sweet take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty page. Love the cute details and stash use. Thanks for your entry in our challenge at Scrap Our Stash. Happy Scrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet layout and you did an awesome with the challenge! So glad you made the sketch work with your photo! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Scrap Our Stash! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun page. Great take on the challenge. Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the challenge! Thank you for joining us at SOS❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment