The Cauliflower Crust Test - Green Giant vs. Caulipower

A few weeks ago, thanks to coupons and sales, I ended up with two versions of cauliflower pizza crust in my freezer. So I decided it would be fun to test them out and see which one my family preferred. I pitted Green Giant against Caulipower. Which cauliflower pizza crust reigned supreme?


Green Giant - After reading through my ShopRite circular, I was inspired to create a sausage, mushroom, and kale pizza using the Green Giant cauliflower pizza crust as my base. I enjoy the Green Giant Sweet Potato Tots, and we usually buy Green Giant canned vegetables, so really, how could we go wrong picking Green Giant for our cauliflower crust?


My daughter didn't like this pizza, but I'm sure that's because it wasn't plain cheese and pepperoni. I wanted to like this pizza more than I did. I was trying to go for a healthier pizza alternative all around, but it just fell flat. The crust, which is square, didn't seem to hold up well under the toppings, nor did it have a very good flavor.

I was also told by someone within the Celiac industry that this pizza crust was not gluten-free. Now, I read an article where a big-wig at Green Giant said it was, and I checked the ingredient list for an allergen warning (there was none) and any potential gluten. It looked clean to me, and my husband did not have any adverse reactions.

Caulipower - If you see Caulipower in your grocery store, you might balk at the high cost. I actually waited until there was a sale before purchasing my Caulipower pizza crust. But really, the cost is worth it because you're actually getting TWO pizza crusts in one box!


For this pizza, I went more traditional with dairy-free mozzarella (of course), pepperoni, and Italian sausage. That definitely went a long way in helping my daughter want to eat this pizza, but overall, the taste and texture of this crust were way better than the Green Giant crust. Even my husband said something about how good this pizza crust was.

Also, it says right on the box "Certified Gluten-Free". So if you're concerned about any potential gluten, just know that the Caulipower pizza crust is definitely your best bet.

Verdict - Caulipower beats Green Giant hands down! It tasted better and gave us a better bang for our buck. (That second crust is still in our freezer just waiting for another pizza night!)

Have you guys tried either cauliflower pizza crust? What did you think? Let me know in the comments!

Comments