DIY Bookmark - National Craft Month

March is such an exciting month, especially if you're a crafter. Why? It's National Craft Month! I'm letting this themed month inspire me to get crafty and make at least four crafty things from my Get Crafty Pinterest board - one project for each week.


This week I'm making DIY Bookmarks. I actually made one of these before many years ago. It was so simple, and I loved the way it turned out. EXCEPT I used it in a library book and forgot to remove the bookmark before returning the book. And then I just never made another one.


If you've got some old magnets taking up space on your fridge, then you'll be able to make this DIY magnetic bookmark. (The thicker the magnet, the better.) I was inspired by the Cheeky Studio On the Cover collection, which is all book-themed, when it came to decorating my bookmark, but you can use whatever scrapbook paper and decorative embellishments you'd like.


I had hoped to share a process video with you, but I can't get my editing software to do what I want it to do. Technology! So there is also a tutorial over at Ideas for Scrapbookers that you can check out, which is where the idea to make this came from.


I love the way this turned out, and it was fairly easy to make. Just have a ruler handy so you can measure everything! I actually gave this bookmark to my mother-in-law along with a book, so it's a great DIY gift for a book lover, too. Make one for yourself and one for someone else!

What crafty things are you going to make this month? Let me know in the comments!

Comments