America Scrapbook Page - White with 1

You know I love a good scrapbook challenge, so that's why I'm playing along with the March White..with 1 challenge: use white and royal blue.

Okay, so if you take a look at my layout below, you'll notice that while there is royal blue on it, there are also a few other shades of blue. I'm hoping that is okay and doesn't disqualify me! When I saw these October Afternoon embellishments in my stash, I just knew I had to use them even if they didn't all 100 percent meet the color challenge.


These are pictures of my daughter last Memorial Day, and I knew I wanted to do something patriotic with them. I wasn't sure I was going to use them for this challenge, but when I went into my bag of Fourth of July embellishments and saw that I had some royal blue and white dimensional stickers, I knew that I could totally pull off this challenge.


I gesso'd the white background so that I could spray it with Shimmerz Don't Rain On My Parade. (My paper still curled up a bit.) And then I used my Spellbinders Grand Calibur to die-cut the pictures into circles. I wanted circles to go along with the October Afternoon circle embellishments that I was also going to use. There is also a banner piece from October Afternoon that says "A Walk in the Park", which is pretty accurate. We were at a state park!


I just love how the Shimmerz spray looks against the white cardstock! I'm so happy with how this layout turned out. It's super simple but it also used up some pieces from my stash. That's my kinda layout!

Comments

  1. Perfect embellishments to fit your memorial day layout, which is just adorable! Thank you for joining us at White ... with 1 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout! LOVE those circles and your photos are perfect!! Thanks for joining us at White With 1 this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great page - love the background misting. Thanks for joining us at White With 1 this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just striking, the photos work so well. I love it. Thank you for playing along here at white with ...1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool layout! I love the circles and the background!
    Thanks for playing along with us at WW1!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment