Under the Sea Scrapbook Page - Stick It Down Sketch Challenge

The beginning of February always means new scrapbook challenges, and I hope you'll play along with the February double-page sketch challenge over at Stick It Down!


I was the two-page winner in December, so that means I get to return as a guest designer this month. Here is the page I made using the sketch, and you can scroll to the bottom for the full process video.


I was inspired by the curved element on the left-hand page and was able to play it up on my layout thanks to the patterned paper I chose. It was already printed on the paper! I played it up even more by lining it with some Spiegelmom Scraps sequins.


I just love the colors and sizes of this sequins collection! The rest of the elements on this layout were all beach- or vacation-themed ephemera from my stash. Did you know I have an actual "vacation" scrapbook drawer where I put everything travel-related? That's how much themed stuff I have. So it was nice to use it up, finally. (Maybe I should go to the beach more often.)


I was able to keep fairly true to the sketch, but I did have to rearrange the placement of my three photos on the left side. I cut them down as much as I could, but I didn't want to cut off my head in the selfie picture of me, so I just staggered the three photos instead of keeping them in a straight line.

You can get more details of this layout in the process video below. And don't forget to play along with the sketch challenge! You could be a winner!

Comments