Gluten-Free Crispy Pork with Asparagus and Baked Potato

I'm pretty sure I've made this before but never posted about it. You can find the original recipe for Crunchy Baked Pork Chops over at Family Food on the Table. I did have to adapt it a bit in order to make it gluten-free.

Even after making it a second time, I have to admit that I'm still not very good at cooking pork chops. Putting this all together is so easy, but if you overcook the pork chops, they get a little tough.


This was an inexpensive meal to make because I already had a bag of pork chops in my freezer, along with all of the other seasonings and what-not. So all I needed to purchase were the baked potatoes and asparagus.

The recipe calls for panko breadcrumbs, which are not gluten-free. BUT you can find Kikkoman brand gluten-free panko, which works very well.

This time I followed the suggestion to add some of the panko mixture to the asparagus before roasting them in the oven. I definitely think it made a difference! (Did it make my kid eat the asparagus? No...)

I've printed this recipe out and placed it in my favorite recipes binder (more on that later) because I do want to try making it again and get the pork chops just right. I can do it! I can do it!

Comments