Gluten-Free Dark Chocolate Banana Bread

I recently put together a food gift for a family member's birthday. I love food gifts because sometimes it's hard to know what to get a person, but everybody loves food.

I found a recipe for Banana Dark Chocolate Bread Mix in a Jar from The Country Chic Cottage. Before I put it all together as a gift, I figured I should at least make it to see how good it tastes. This is a little bit different from other banana bread recipes I've made because instead of fresh, mashed banana, it uses banana chips. And boy are those hard to chop up! But you don't taste anything crunchy in this bread, so that's good.


In order to make this gluten-free, I just used gluten-free Bisquick, which is easily available at my local grocery store. And to make sure it was dairy-free, I used Enjoy Life Foods dark chocolate chips, oil instead of butter, and unsweetened almond milk in place of regular milk.

The website link also includes free printables for decorating your mason jar gift. Or you can just make this banana bread for yourself, no mason jar needed.

I DEFINITELY need to invest in a metal loaf pan because cooking stuff like this in a glass loaf pan messes with the cooking time. I had to bake mine a little longer and then the outside got a little burnt. But the rest of it was good, and I will definitely make it again once I get that metal loaf pan.

Comments