The Guppy Scrapbook Page

And here it is! My third layout using my Stash-Busting Challenge 2018 kit! Technically, I have now completed the challenge, but I still have product in my kit, so I'm going to keep on going and using it up.


This two-pager is also for the Stick It Down June double-page sketch challenge. I haven't done a two-page scrapbook layout in so long, so this was really taking me out of my box!


These pictures are of my daughter at her very first swim lesson. I used the Heidi Swapp alpha stickers to spell out "The Guppy" because that's usually what they call little kids in the first level of swim lessons.


I also used a Craft Smith mermaid-themed cut-apart because my daughter is a girl and she LOVES the water. She just might really be a mermaid.

The Corbett Creations water droplet embellishments were perfect for pictures about swimming and water!


And then I "painted" the Corbett Creations wood veneer octopus with some Shimmerz Don't Rain On My Parade mist to match the blue octopus water toy that my daughter had to bring with her on the drive (and wait) to the pool. I also used the Shimmerz to add some splatters on the layout.

I also used up the yellow ribbon and some washi tape from my kit, as well as some of the green gem stickers, the swimsuit chipboard sticker from Echo Park, and some of the fish stickers from the K&Company sticker collection.

The Shimmerz and blue background cardstock were my only freebies on this layout. Everything else was from my kit!

Thanks for looking!

Comments

  1. Beautiful layout, love the themed paper and embellishments! Thanks for joining Stick It Down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute page. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick It Down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome moment captured and love your take on the sketch :)Cute way to gather a kit too :) Thanks for playing along with us over at Stick It Down
    Tina-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute layout! I love your idea of painting the wood veneers with shimmers - I would have never thought to do that! Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wasn't this a fun sketch to work with for a double page layout? You did a fantastic job! Thanks for joining us a Stick It Down!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment