No-Egg Gluten-Free Quiche

I love quiche. Always have. But for some reason my daughter's skin gets all blotchy when she even touches eggs, so I've never made quiche for my family. (Although I think she may have outgrown that...) One of my co-workers (who owns the Sunset Hill Vineyard in Connecticut) passed along a recipe for a no-egg quiche that she said was really easy and really customizable, so I decided to make it for dinner one night.

IT WAS AWESOME!

So I'm going to give you my version of the recipe that is adapted from her version because, you know, we had to make it gluten-free and there was no way I was putting tomatoes in my quiche.

Ingredients:
pre-made gluten-free pie crust (I used one from Wholly Gluten-Free)
1/3 cup of heavy cream
1 tbsp. of dijon mustard
2 cups of shredded cheese (I found a Kraft half and half mix of Swiss and Cheddar that said it was perfect for quiches!)
Herbes de Provence to taste
salt and pepper to taste
baby spinach (I used about a quarter of a bag - it was left over from another recipe)
mushrooms, chopped (Use as much of these as you'd like)
broccoli, chopped (Use as much of this as you'd like)

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. If you're using mushrooms and broccoli, saute those first in a skillet with a little bit of olive oil.
3. In a large bowl, mix all of the veggies (spinach, mushrooms, and broccoli) with the cream, mustard, and cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to make sure that is everything is coated.
4. Place the mixture in the pie crust.
5. Sprinkle some Herbes de Provence on top.
6. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes and then let sit for 15 to 20 minutes before serving. (If you don't wait, the cheese will be kind of runny. Believe me.)

I think the Herbes de Provence really made this dish. I had never cooked with it before, but it gave the quiche such a wonderful flavor. And the cheese! Oh my, this was so cheesy and perfect! I loved it! The cheese got all nice and brown on top. It was just the way I like it. I will definitely make this again and maybe experiment with other veggies, depending on what we have in our veggie drawer. (You can use tomatoes, onions, asparagus. The list could go on!) Or maybe I will just make one with ALL THE CHEESE.


Comments