Martha Stewart's Atlantic Beach Tarts

I signed up to make dessert for my husband's family over Memorial Day weekend. We were going to the beach! So what did I decide to make? What more perfect dessert could there be for the beach than Atlantic Beach Tarts?

These are like a cross between key lime pie and lemon bars. I loved the simple sweet crust and the smooth lemony filling. And so did everyone else!



I saw the recipe in a recent issue of Martha Stewart Living, but you can also find it online here. For a Martha Stewart recipe, this was surprisingly easy. I made the tarts in a 9x13-inch baking pan, an accommodation that the recipe says you can make if you don't have tart pans.

Other than that, I followed the recipe pretty exactly. I did NOT make this gluten-free because my husband told me that he wouldn't eat it even if I did, so I just used regular saltine crackers for the crust. I'm sure this would be easy to make gluten-free by substituting gluten-free crackers of some sort.

I would definitely recommend making this whether or not you're spending a weekend at the beach (or down the shore, as they say in Jersey). Enjoy the summer!

Comments