Forever Scrapbook Page

Over Mother's Day weekend I started scrapbooking a two-pager to commemorate my mom who passed away last year. I wanted to have a place to store all of the cards I received and print a copy of the speech I gave at her funeral service. It's been a year and one day since she passed away, and it's still really hard to believe. 



When I was going through my mom's photo stash, I found a picture of her in a scrapbooking store, so I decided that I would use that photo on this layout. I also used the Cheeky Studio Midnight Florals collection because it's just gorgeous, and I wanted something really pretty for this layout. It also had 4x6 cards in the collection, and I used those to create a hidden journaling spot for my "mom speech", as I called it.


I printed the speech out on vellum paper (which worked out on my printer better than I anticipated!) so that the design of the bottom 4x6 card would still show through.


On the second page, I created a card holder out of a manila folder that I covered in patterned paper. Then I decorated it with more embellishments and sequins and another one of the 4x6 cards from the collection.


The title of this layout is actually a word sticker from the Cheeky Studio Valentine's Day 2018 collection, but it totally worked with this.

I'm glad that I finally got this layout completed. I just wish that I could show it to my mom in person.

Comments