Snow Day featuring The International Scrapbook Garden

Here's another fun layout I made using The International Scrapbook Garden Kisses and Snowflakes kit. I had a picture of my daughter looking warily at the snow back in December, and I just knew that I wanted to incorporate some of that Aleene's Glitter Snow onto a layout with it, so that's what I did!

For this one, I used the BoBunny Winter Playground Forest and Fun papers. I just loved the slate pattern for the background because it mimicked the exterior of our house and our front walk so well.


I cut the other patterned paper into not quite half and separated it on the page so that I had two distinct sides. One side had my picture, and the other side was just going to be embellishments. It's amazing how much strategy goes into trying to make embellishments look lighthearted and as if they just happened to fall into place willy-nilly. Geesh!


I really loved how the teal and silver of the Prima flowers and the Prima word stickers fit so well with the BoBunny papers, but I also used some of the sticker tags from the BoBunny Winter Playground collection, too.


And I covered the Creative Embellishments chipboard snowflakes in the Nuvo Embellishments Mousse, which gave it a nice silvery purple sheen, and that fit really well with all of the silver and teal on this layout.


I thought about doing something with the Creative Embellishments chipboard words that I used for my title (a combination of some of the winter words and Valentine's Day words), but I decided to leave them as they were so that they would easily be read.


You'll see in the close-ups that there are hints of the Aleene's Glitter Snow here and there. I also tried to paint it on some of the swirls that were in the patterned paper. I think it shows up pretty well on the paper and ends up giving the swirls some nice texture.

Sorry that I don't have a process video for you. This one came together too quickly for me to have turned on my camera, plus my phone was loaded with Toy Fair photos, so I don't think I would have even had the memory to do a video. Oh well. Next time!

Thanks for looking!

Comments