Smile You Are Loved featuring Cheeky Studio


Hey guys, I'm up on the Cheeky Studio blog today showing off this awesome layout based on the February sketch from design team member Miranda. It is so awesome! I had fun playing along with it, and you can too if you join us in the Cheeky Studio Facebook Group.

I also did a process video that you can watch on the Cook Scrap Craft YouTube channel here!!


When I found these cut apart strips in an old paper pad in my stash, I just knew they would work perfectly to create my grid. The colors also went perfectly with the new Cheeky Studio Unicorns and Rainbows collection.

I moved the title, which is also a cut apart from the same paper pad, into the center of the grid and used two pictures instead of one. They are bumped up on craft foam for some dimension. I also made my grid a little bit smaller instead of filling up the whole page with it. (That's the beauty of sketches! You can interpret them however you want!)


And scattered throughout the grid are those awesome sassy unicorns, colorful rainbows and clouds, butterflies, flowers, and glittery hearts. There are so many cute things to choose from in the ephemera pack, I had a hard time picking which ones I wanted to include!


I also added in two of the bows from the Pink & Mint Christmas kit (a separate purchase I made for myself - I couldn't resist!) because I really felt like their colors fit perfectly with this layout, and then I chose to go with the Winter Flowers sequin mix, which was also in my February design team kit, because there were some teal sequins in that mix, and I felt like that mix just went better with all the teal that ended up being on this layout.



So that's my layout! Don't forget that you can head over to the Cheeky Studio shop and use discount code CookScrap10 when you purchase these awesome goodies for yourself!

Thanks for looking!

Comments