Not Excited for Santa - The International Scrapbook Garden

Hi everyone! I'm back with another layout for you using The International Scrapbook Garden Kisses and Snowflakes kit. This is a layout about my daughter NOT being excited for Santa's visit down our street. Every year Santa drives through the neighborhood on a fire truck, and my kid was just not having it. 

I have a process video for this one that you can watch on the Cook Scrap Craft YouTube channel here, and oh boy was there a process for this one! That mixed media threw me for a loop.


I used the 7 Dots Northern Lights Frayed Knot and Frosted as my background papers, plus four of the 7 Dots Tags to go behind my photos. I was basing this off of a sketch that I had seen Christy's Beautiful Life playing with a few weeks ago, and she used tags, so I just knew that the tags in this kit would be perfect for the sketch!


Behind my photos and embellishments, I spritzed a little of the Shimmerz Vibez Grape Escape, which is a GORGEOUS color! And then I mixed some of the US Art Quest Prills Plum Crazy with clear gesso and spread it on my paper to add some dimension.


My embellishment clusters consist of Prima Mechanicals Tin Hearts, Prima Zella Teal Word Stickers and Ephemera, Petaloo Botanica Chantilly Mixed Blue/Green, Petaloo Teastained Darjeeling Minis Purple, 7 Dots Northern Lights Word Stickers, and Dovecraft Adhesive Gems Perfectly Pink.

I created the title using alpha stickers from my stash.

Despite the journey I went on to create this layout, I am pleased with the way it turned out. For more details, I highly recommend watching the video. At any rate, it may give you a chuckle.

Thanks for looking (and watching)!

Comments