A New Beginning with Cheeky Studio YouTube/Blog Hop

Good morning, everyone! Today is a special day here on the blog because I am participating in a YouTube/blog hop with the rest of the Cheeky Chicks Design Team! I hope you'll follow along and get to know the rest of the team. Their links are below.



We were all challenged to create something for this hop with the theme of "a new beginning". After all, it's a new year! Welcome to 2018! So when I was thinking about what "a new beginning" meant to me, I really felt like I wanted to create a layout all about my passion for scrapbooking.

Toward the end of 2017, I really came to feel like scrapbooking was what I was meant to be doing. It energized me. It was all I could think about. It was all I wanted to do! I made it onto not one but two design teams! And I really want to give this hobby a renewed focus. Because for me, scrapbooking isn't just about getting photos archived. It's about carving out time for myself and getting creative.

So in 2018, I want to find more time for myself to scrapbook but really give this hobby of mine a renewed focus.



On this layout, I played around with the Cheeky Studio Wild Flowers Set 3 and Set 4 embellishment packs, plus some sequins that Cheeky Studio owner Tuesdae sent me in her family's Christmas card. (I just had to add those sequins to my stash!)

And speaking of getting creative, there's a lot of mixed media on this layout, too. I experimented mixing pigment powder with clear gesso to create a background over the patterned background paper, which is just something that I've had in my stash for a LONG time. I'm so glad that I finally got to use it!


I just loved the brightness of the Cheeky Studio flowers and how they added such a nice pop of color against my black and white papers and photo. Would you believe my toddler took that photo of me? (Daddy helped.)


I also took one of the journaling tags from the Cheeky Studio Valentine's Day Ephemera Pack 1 and added one of the Wild Flowers to it so that I had space to write about my scrappy goal for the year. (You can see everything I got in my design team kit in this Facebook video.)


I just love creating clusters of flowers with these Cheeky Studio wild flowers! There's such a nice selection of colors, sizes, and types of flowers and leaves in each pack. You can really do so much!

This layout is VERY loosely based off of Heather's January sketch that you can also play along with over on the Cheeky Studio Facebook Group!



Thanks for stopping by and checking out my "a new beginning" project using Cheeky Studio products! I would love to hear what your "new beginning" is for this year, be it scrappy or otherwise. Leave me a comment! And please make sure to visit and subscribe to all the other Design Team members and guest designers on the hop. The complete list is below. Have fun and get cheeky!

You are here: Laurie Leahey: http://cookscrapcraft.blogspot.com/







And don't forget to visit/follow Cheeky Studio online! Use the code CookScrap10 to receive a discount on your purchase at Cheeky Studio!

Twitter: Cheeky_Studio
Facebook Group: Cheeky Studio Group
Facebook Page: Cheeky Studio
Instagram: @cheeky.studio




Comments

Post a Comment