Me & You Scrapbook Page

I am so excited about this scrapbook page, you guys! If there has been anything that I've learned while working with The International Scrapbook Garden Garden Sunkissed kit, it's that taking my time with a scrapbook page can yield some really awesome results.

For instance, it took me two days to make this page.


First, I used the Lindy's Flat Fabio Spay in Hibiscus Rose and the Creative Embellishments Feather Stencil to spray feathers on one of the Lemoncraft ephemera cards. That same day, I used the Kaisercraft Treasured Moments butterfly stamp and my own Stampin' Up Coastal Cabana ink pad to stamp butterflies all over the Lemoncraft Daydream 01 paper.


So all of that had to dry before I could really move forward. The next day I started putting everything together. I broke out my hot glue gun to attach the Lemoncraft feathers, Scrapberry's Stemmed Lily White Flowers, and May Arts Fuchsia Ribbon into a bouquet. I also hot glued one of the Lemoncraft Ephemera Buttons onto the front of the bouquet.


And in a moment that makes me very proud, I hot glued some of the 13@rts Ayeeda Powder 3D Plastic Microspheres to some of the flower petals to add some texture. This was total experimentation on my part. I happened to be watching a YouTube video of a scrapbooker, and she did this (or it looked like that was what she was doing) with the 13@arts Glass Microspheres, so I figured why not try it out with the plastic ones?

But wait! But wait! I kept going!


I layered the Lemoncraft Fresh Summer 03 paper on top of the background paper (love the wood grain look), and then I decided to add some of the Lindy's Magical Shaker Yodeling Yellow. I sprinkled some of the powder onto the paper, dipped a paintbrush into a bowl of water, and then painted the powder on the paper.

Sort of ended up looking like wings, I thought. I wish you could see how shimmery it ends up looking!


And if that wasn't enough, I die-cut some butterflies out of the backside of the Fresh Summer paper using a Spellbinders die from my stash and my Spellbinders Grand Caliber. I placed one of the Kaisercraft Self-Adhesive Pearls in the center of each butterfly. And the butterflies I placed on the Lemoncraft Ephemera Card on which I did a bit of fussy cutting.

I cannot stress enough how INSPIRING The International Scrapbook Garden kit has been for me! Not only has it been neat to be a part of an international group of scrapbookers and getting to play with products from companies I've never heard of, but it's really challenged me to step outside of my comfort zone and think a little bit more about what I'm putting on the page.

I love that my fingers are covered in pink ink and that my brain is churning! If you are feeling like you need to be challenged in more ways than one in your scrapbooking, then this is the kit club for you! All of the kits are still available to purchase and they are still on sale, so head on over to the shop and buy yours now!

Comments